Thursday, May 03, 2007

Ron Rosenbaum .com: The Damage Done (2): Postmodern Ignorance Afflicts Physics as Well as Literature

re: "...In any case Professor Tipler was moved by my post on the pathetic postmodern English professor I dubbed “The Relic”, a sad cult worshipper of Nazi-friendly postmodern theorist Paul de Man whom I encountered at a lecture I gave at the University of Chicago. In the post I lamented the disappearance of the study of Shakespeare from the teaching of literature in American universities (due largely, I believe, to the repellant force of the addled, jargon-ridden rhetoric of antiquated postmodernists of The Relic’s ilk). /Professor Tipler responded with an impassioned lament about a parallel depressing development in the teaching of physics. I reprint his comment in full..."...

No comments: