Thursday, March 22, 2007

There and Back Again - Robin Hood: Hero Or Thief?

re: "I read Howard Pyle’s version of Robin some years ago and fell in love with it right away. I have read it a couple times since then and have always considered it to be a very well-written book and purposeful book. I was quite astonished, when, a few weeks ago, I heard that some people were afraid to read this book to their children as they feared it would teach them to murder and steal. I feel as though this is an injustice done to my beloved Robin Hood and, in case I have any readers with the same doubts concerning this outlaw, I have decided to give a little evalution of his character and tell briefly why I believe him to be a hero instead of a villian. (Please remember throughout this discussion that all references to Robin Hood and any other characters refer to Howard Pyle’s version of the book as I have not read many other versions and cannot vouch for them.)..."...

No comments: